3. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA
3.1 Account Information
In order to use the Services, End Users, Business Partners and Prospective Clients may be required to have a valid LoginTC account to log in to the Platform (“Account“). When you register for the Services, Cyphercor collects the following information (“Account Information“):
- For End Users, we collect your name, email address, and username;
- For Business Partners, we collect your name, job title, email address, business phone number, business address, and employer name; an
- For Prospective Clients, we collect your name, job title, email address, business phone number, business address, and employer name
Cyphercor uses the Account Information to:
- Authenticate access to the Account and provide access to the Services;
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services;
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the Services and features you request;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about us and our select partners;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand you5 needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we will notify you about and seek your consent.
3.2 Business Partners
Cyphercor makes its Platform and the Services available to Business Partners. Business Partners are able to store and process data about their End Users when such End Users engage their services, and such data may contain Personal Information. When Business Partners store any Personal Information about their End Users on the Platform, we are acting as the data processor and processing the information only on instruction from the Business Partner (the data controller).
3.3 Website Visitors
As you visit or browse the Website, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems for analytics and for quality control purposes. We also collect Personal Information submitted by any visitor to our Website through messaging features we make available on our Website and use such information for the purpose of responding to your requests.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our Website.
You may be able to set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website and/or Services. We do not link any of the information we use in cookies to any personally identifiable information submitted by you when you are on the Website.
Cyphercor also combines data derived from our usage of cookies with Account Information of registered users for the purposes set out in Section 3.1 above.
4. STORAGE LOCATION AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cyphercor processes and stores its data, including Personal Information, on servers located in the United States. Cyphercor also transfers data to the third-party service providers as described below.
By submitting Personal Information or otherwise using the Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information in the United States. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in the United States under lawful access regimes or court order.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
5.1 Service Providers and Business Partners
We may from time to time employ third parties to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share Account Information and other Personal Information with them to provide certain services. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary for them to provide the tasks and services on our behalf. The third parties we currently engage includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, Web analytics and general improvement of the Services, and businesses who engage our Services (to the extent provided for above). In particular, Cyphercor uses Amazon Web Services located in the United states to process Personal Information on behalf of Cyphercor.
5.2 Business Transfers
If our business (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
5.3 With Your Consent
5.4 As required by law
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other End Users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. Further, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- Enforce our contracts or user agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof; and
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issue.
The above may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention. Notwithstanding the general terms of this policy, the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information may be made outside of the terms herein to the extent provided for in any applicable privacy or other legislation in effect from time to time, or pursuant to court orders.
7. ACCESS, CORRECTION AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
8. RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
Cyphercor generally processes Personal Information in order to fulfill contracts we have with our Business Partners and to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Otherwise, Cyphercor will obtain consent from an individual in respect of processing of Personal Information if required by law to do so.
Further, individuals located in the EEA have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) with respect to Personal Information, including the right to request access to, obtain, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. Individual End Users, Business Partners or Prospective Clients located in the EEA who wish to exercise these rights, should contact Cyphercor using the contact information below in Section 10.
Clients of Business Partners that do not have an Account should contact the Business Partner with whom you interacted directly because Cyphercor serves as a data processor on behalf of our customers (Business Partners) and can only forward your request to the Business Partner to allow them to respond. Individuals also have the right to make complaints to regulatory authorities in respect of our privacy practices.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
LL10 – 4043 Carling Avenue
Kanata ON K2K 2A4
Last Updated: August 1, 2021